NLGA Standard Grading Rules For Canadian Lumber
This edition incorporates revisions to the species and species groups covered by the NLGA Grading Rules.
2017 Edition Supplements
The following Supplements to the NLGA Standard Grading Rules for Canadian Lumber (2017 edition) were issued on March 1, 2019. Please click on the applicable link for a PDF copy.
Supplement No. 1: add Canadian-grown Norway spruce (Paras. 7, 7a, 7b, 905i, 905j, 905l)
Supplement No. 2: update Machine Graded Lumber provisions (Paras. 128, 128a, 128b)
Supplement No. 3: revise NGR Glossary (Para. 700) and NGR Interpretations
Supplement No. 4: update EU Annex provisions
This version has been superseded by the August 2017 edition. The 2014 revision primarily incorporated changes to the knot and slope of grain grading rules for Beams & Stringers and Posts & Timbers as well as including the errata and other supplements from the December 2010 edition.
This version has been superseded by the August 2017 edition. Listed below are the errata and supplements issued for the December 2010 edition. These errata and supplements are provided for archival information only.
- SPS 1 – Fingerjoined Structural Lumber – current edition March 2017
- SPS 2 – Machine Graded Lumber – current edition April 2019
- SPS 3 – Fingerjoined “Vertical Stud Use Only” Lumber – current edition March 2017
- SPS 4 – Fingerjoined Machine Graded Lumber – current edition November 2014
- SPS 5 – Face-Glued Lumber – Vertical Use Only – current edition November 2015
- SPS 6 – Structural Face-Glued Lumber – current edition November 2015